Last month, Fox News host Sean Hannity was pressured to stop investigating the murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich. Since then, Hannity has remained largely silent on the suspicious murder, and many assumed he had abandoned his investigation.
On Monday night, however, Hannity took to Twitter to say that he has not given up on investigating what happened to Rich. The Wrap reported that Hannity was replying to a comment about Fox News retracting the claims that Rich may have been murdered because he was WikiLeaks’ DNC source.
“I retracted NOTHING. I Rightly GAVE RESPECT to a grieving family that asked for it and was thanked by them. My investigation continues,” Hannity wrote.
I retracted NOTHING. I Rightly GAVE RESPECT to a grieving family that asked for it and was thanked by them. My investigation continues. https://t.co/e5w3Szvma2
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) June 27, 2017
Back in May, Fox issued a statement retracting the story that Rich might have leaked emails to WikiLeaks.
“On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich. The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting,” the network said in a statement following the retraction. “Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed. We will continue to investigate this story and will provide updates as warranted.”
Hannity once again raised questions about Rich’s death on his radio show last week.
“Now I don’t know anything about Seth Rich in this sense. I don’t have any information about why he was murdered except that it was suspicious,” Hannity said. “And suspicious meaning it wasn’t a robbery as they’ve claimed but otherwise why would you not steal his wallet, his phone, his necklace, his jewelry and watch and everything else.”